Monday, December 1, 2014

Proactive or Procrastination?


To be honest I am a procrastinator, sadly. I'm not really proud of it, but I seem to be able to manage my GPA to be at an average of 3.66. I am a procrastinator because I seem to always do most of my homework and projects at the last minute. I get distracted very easily by social media, games, and TV. But  I seem to always turn in my work the next day on time.

I actually have a lot of free time after school, but I guess I'm just lazy to do any work. Usually when I get home from school I just eat and go on the internet. I usually do my homework at 9:00 pm and usually finish at 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm; it's becoming a routine for me. If I have homework during the weekends, I do it on Sunday at the usually time. It usually depends on what assignment I need to do. If I understand it and know what to do, I do it at the last minute. But if I don't understand it and don't know what to do, I work on it the minute I come home from school or when I have free time. So I'm mostly a procrastinator but just a little proactive.

Honestly I really hate being a procrastinator. I always think to myself, "Okay Leslie get your stuff together and start doing your homework early so you can have more free time". But then I get distracted. If I were to change my work habits is to do my homework or projects as soon as possible. I would change my work habits by using my time more wisely and by slowly taking small steps into being more proactive. For example, I could start doing my homework at 8:00 pm, then 7:00 pm, and so on. By doing that, I'll for sure get a lot more sleep!

1 comment: